Saturday 3 January 2015

Introduction to the Blog

Hello! Welcome to the History Journal.

 As a small introduction I thought I would introduce myself, my work and my aims for the future, as 2015 has finally come I thought it was about time I started a blog to keep myself and my friends up to date with the work in which I will be taking part in from now on, it's a big and exciting project which I am extremely looking forward to carrying out.

First of all, my name is Jessica, I'm in my twenties and I'm British. I am actually a qualified ESL teacher (this means I can teach English as a second language with over 300 classroom hours under my belt) however teaching however fun it was for me, I had a yearning for another subject which I have always held close to me. This would be History. I love history, I always have since I was a little girl listening to my Grandparents talk about the war and our family members who fought in the war. It was always a topic at school I really enjoyed and got good grades in too. Now it is my career choice, one which wasn't really accepted at home in the beginning.

My work mainly insists of writing my very first book, this book is a biography of the Nazi Doctor Josef Mengele (Before you say there is loads of books on Josef) this one is completely different, it's the complete truth, no lies, just the truth. Written with the help of documents from the era it will educate the readers more than any of the past Mengele books which have been released.

This isn't the only project. Later this month I will be travelling to Poland, with a group of extremely intelligent people, who you can easily find via my twitter. We will be at the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz, which is a real honour as I have yet to visit the camp itself. While we are there we will be making an international pledge to put a stop to anti-semitism, prevent right-wing parties from gaining too much power in the world and making sure History does not repeat itself. This wouldn't of been possible without Rainer Hoess (Grandson of the Commandant of Auschwitz, Rudolf Hoess) who we work closely with, and will be from now on!

This leads towards greater things, more involvement with history work, meeting important people and speaking to countless survivors, this is why I have made this blog, to be able to share my experiences with a close connection. This is also a way for my family to keep up to date with what I am doing when I am not in England.

I hope you will enjoy this blog, have a look around and learn about the work, the history and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment